Citizens Advice annual report 2003/2004
Our aims and principles
The Citizens Advice service aims:
- to ensure that individuals do not suffer through lack of knowledge of their rights and responsibilities or of the services available to them, or through an inability to express their needs effectively
- to exercise a responsible influence on the development of social policies and services both locally and nationally.
The Citizens Advice service is independent and provides free, confidential and impartial advice to everybody regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age or nationality.
Working together, Citizens Advice and bureaux will:
- meet the needs of as many people as possible
- have a greater influence on policy
- innovate and develop new services
- improve funding
- develop all our people.