Council tax debt enforcement
This course is intended to provide a background to the enforcement action available to a local authority for council tax debt with a focus upon bailiffs and bankruptcy. Advisers will be able to identify the potential enforcement methods likely to be used and deal appropriately with it or make a referral where necessary. It is designed for generalist advisers and others who work with people in debt.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify the types of enforcement available for council tax debt
- advise when each enforcement method may be used
- describe appropriate sources of complaint
- assess appropriate challenges to enforcement
- construct arguments and representations to challenge enforcement
|Intermediate||5 hours||LA11, LA13, LA16, LA42|
More details on our course accreditation.
To guarantee the best learning experience for all training course attendees, please select the course level most suited to your experience and prior knowledge.
Dates and venues
Duration - one day 10.00am - 4.00pm
|13T1CTE2||12 June 2013||Exeter|
|13T1CTE3||17 September 2013||Liverpool|
Book this course
Check the price of this course
Book this course in-house ( 100kb)
Return to money advice courses