Adding up campaign
Get involved in the Adding Up campaign today and help families struggling to meet the costs of schooling
This is what you can do to help:
- Encourage: Does your local authority provides school clothing grants? Then make sure the grants don’t become victims of cuts by writing to the local authority. Here is a model letter [ 28 KB] for you to use.
- Don’t know what your Local Authority Policy is? For a quick check type a post code into the section on school uniform grants on the Directgov website.
- Top tips: Could schools in your area do more to help parents by making uniforms, trips and kit more affordable ? If so then check out Citizens Advice top tips [ 160 KB]. Send a copy to your head teacher and/or chair of governors and ask what they are doing to help families.
- Tell us about it ? The Adding up campaign wants to hear your experiences on school costs. Do you feel you are paying too much for uniforms, trips and other essential equipment ? What help is available in your local authority area and what is your experience of accessing it ? email Citizens Advice campaigns
The Adding up campaign helps families by:
- encouraging schools and education authorities to promote cost-cutting policies on school uniforms, trips, kit and other items. This can save families hundreds of pounds a year
- lobbying local authorities to tackle child poverty by offering school clothing grants to those most in need.