EDF Energy Debt Advice service
The EDF Energy Debt Advice service is a partnership between EDF Energy and Citizens Advice. The service is aimed at helping EDF Energy customers who are having difficulty to pay their energy bill or other debts with free, independent, confidential and impartial advice.
EDF Energy is directing its customers to seek independent and holistic debt advice from the Citizens Advice service, either by visiting their local CAB or by telephoning a dedicated free phone number*.
The service is helping EDF Energy customers manage their finances, including:
- helping them to maximise their income
- giving them advice on claiming benefits and tax credits
- helping to manage their money and prioritise paying their bills
- negotiate with other companies to set-up long term payment arrangements, to help them pay existing debt and future bills.
Customers using the service do not need to be referred by EDF Energy or to have spoken to them beforehand.
The funding also provides telephone support to people calling Adviceline (08444 111444), although the EDF Energy customer telephone numbers have priority.
* EDF Energy publicises the number on communications to its customers.