Do you want to
- make a contribution to your community?
- learn new skills?
- build work experience?
- add to your CV?
- access free training?
… it’s all on your doorstep at your local CAB!
What you can expect from us
Volunteering for your local CAB gives you the chance to try out new opportunities and develop skills which will help you with college and university courses and in gaining employment:
- you will receive training relevant to the role and in some cases this will lead to a recognised certificate
- support from a dedicated supervisor as well as from other volunteers and young people in the bureau
- you will have the chance to make friends. All our volunteers are part of a team and we will give you the opportunity through social and celebration events to get to know your team better
- we will ensure that you feel valued. We really listen to our young volunteers and we have established a youth forum to ensure that young people are at the heart of the projects we develop.
Take a look at some of the opportunities available to young volunteers in the Citizens Advice service.
We have many students who volunteer with the Citizens Advice service. There are numerous of roles available. The benefits range from work experience to course credits.
More about student volunteers
Get involved with us
What young people get out of volunteering for the Citizens Advice service:
Young people get involved ( 170kb)