Lord Boateng’s questions on Citizens Advice and funding
8 December 2011
Lord Boateng questions on Citizens Advice and funding ( 54kb)
Citizens Advice warmly welcomes this debate on future of the Citizens Advice service, our funding and our role in the Big Society.
This briefing covers:
- - The Citizens Advice service - our staff
- - The Citizens Advice service - our network
- - The Citizens Advice service - our advice services and funding
- - Government’s response: The Advice Services Fund and the cross-government review of advice funding
- - Bureaux funding – both for core and specialist services - is under pressure.
- - Citizens Advice Bureaux provide much needed specialist legal, as well as generalist, advice to clients.
- - The Advice Services Fund announced by the Cabinet Office last month is insufficient and only short-term.
- - Legal aid funding should be reinstated for complex welfare benefits cases.
- - Services delivered by volunteers, while cost-effective, are not cost free.