Financial capability training skills course outline
Who the course is for
This two day course is for anyone who is planning to deliver financial capability training sessions to adults in the community, and already has a basic understanding of personal finance issues.
Limited free places are available for external applicants who are active members of their financial capability forum and/or members of TRANSACT.
Please note that this is a training skills course and whilst it is specifically related to the delivery of financial capability sessions it does not cover personal finance subject knowledge.
The course is not suitable for people who have already completed another training qualification.
Aims of the course
The course will help you to develop the skills to plan, deliver and evaluate effective financial capability sessions to adults. You will be given an opportunity to develop your understanding of trainer skills and try them out through a series of practical tasks.
The course includes pre course work and two consecutive days of training. On the second day, delegates, working in pairs, will have the opportunity to practice delivering a 15-20 minute exercise to the rest of the group and get some feedback.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what financial capability means.
- Describe how to identify and meet the training needs for a group or individual.
- Describe and address relevant equality and social policy issues.
- Choose and adapt materials and activities appropriate to the needs of the learner/s.
- Identify the range of resources available for delivering financial capability training sessions.
- Explain the purpose and value of learning objectives.
- Identify strategies for managing difficult situations.
- Describe and demonstrate the tutor skills necessary for effective presentation of material.
- Demonstrate how to deliver a learning activity, including giving a clear introduction and learning summary.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a session.
How to book
If you have any questions about the course please contact: