Still time to cut your fuel bills this winter
10 December 2012
Citizens Advice responds to E.ON price increase
Citizens Advice Chief Executive Gillian Guy said:
"With the other big energy companies putting their prices up already, this increase is unlikely to come as a shock to E.ON customers but it will be just as unwelcome.
"There is still time for people to take steps to cut their bills before the winter really starts to bite. You can shop around for a better deal and check you are getting all of the financial help you're entitled to. Households can save around £160 each year by insulating the loft and cavity walls of their home and given that there are offers and discounts available on insulation, now is the time to do it."
Notes to editors:
- This year the Citizens Advice service celebrates its 75th anniversary. We’ve planned a year of activity running from January to December 2014. Contact the press office on 03000 231 080, or via email at email@example.com, to find out more.
- The Citizens Advice service comprises a network of local bureaux, all of which are independent charities, the Citizens Advice consumer service and national charity Citizens Advice. Together we help people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers. For more see the Citizens Advice website.
- The advice provided by the Citizens Advice service is free, independent, confidential, and impartial, and available to everyone regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
- To find your local bureau in England and Wales, visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk. You can also get advice online at www.adviceguide.org.uk
- You can get consumer advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06 or 03454 04 05 05 for Welsh language speakers
- Citizens Advice Bureaux in England and Wales advised 2.1 million clients on 6.6 million problems from April 2012 to March 2013. For full 2012/2013 service statistics see our quarterly publication Advice trends
- Citizens Advice service staff are supported by more than 22,000 trained volunteers, working at over 3,000 service outlets across England and Wales.