Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis gifts £1 million to Citizens Advice
Consumer champion and founder of MoneySavingExpert.com Martin Lewis has today announced that he is giving £1 million to Citizens Advice.
Gillian Guy, Chief Executive of Citizens Advice, said:
"This is a wonderfully generous gift and we are very grateful for Martin's ongoing support.
"In the last year along Citizens Advice helped 2.5 million people up and down the country with the problems they face in their lives. This donation will make a huge difference to our service and the people we advise."
Notes to editors
- The Citizens Advice service comprises a network of local Citizens Advice, all of which are independent charities, the Citizens Advice consumer service and national charity Citizens Advice. Together we help people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers. For more see the Citizens Advice website.
- The advice provided by the Citizens Advice service is free, independent, confidential, and impartial, and available to everyone regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
- To get advice online or find your local bureau in England and Wales, visit citizensadvice.org.uk
- You can get consumer advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06 or 03454 04 05 05 for Welsh language speakers.
- Local Citizens Advice in England and Wales advised 2.5 million clients on 6.2 million problems in 2014/15. For full service statistics see our publication Advice trends.