Big Energy Saving Network 2018/19
Big Energy Saving Network (BESN) 2018/19- Application Window Open
The application window for the Big Energy Saving Network is now open.
The autumn/winter 2018/19 Big Energy Saving Network (BESN) programme will be delivered by Citizens Advice. It aims to support eligible organisations and community groups to deliver help and advice to vulnerable consumers, focused on helping them reduce their energy costs and consumption.
The application form can be found here [ 27 kb].
The application guidance can be found here [ 340 kb].
The application window will be open for three weeks, and will close at: 5pm on Tuesday 4 September.
If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
Energy Best Deal
This year (2018/19) Citizens Advice will not be delivering the Energy Best Deal project. The materials we produced for this project will still be available online for the foreseeable future. If you wish to continue providing energy advice alongside Citizens Advice then we encourage you to apply for BESN funding, once the application period opens.
Energy Best Deal learning materials
Permission to use learning materials
You are permitted to use the learning materials for educational purposes in any format or medium providing they are used for the purposes of delivering learning sessions, or to inform energy consumers, and are used accurately and not in a misleading context. Citizens Advice reserves the right to terminate or suspend use at any time.
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (English) [ 0.59 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (Welsh) [ 0.6 mb]
Tutor packs and handouts
- Energy Best Deal trainer notes and session plan [ 200 kb]
- Energy Best Deal tutor pack and session plan - handout 1a - quiz [ 30 kb]
- Energy Best Deal tutor pack and session plan - handout 2 - understanding your bill [ 2 mb]
- Energy Best Deal tutor pack and session plan - handout 3 - reading your energy meter [ 140 kb]
- Energy Best Deal tutor pack and session plan - handout 4 - energy saving activity [ 170 kb]
Posters, case Study, marketing tips and press release
- Energy Best Deal A4 English poster [ 0.78 mb]
- Energy Best Deal A4 Welsh poster [ 0.78 mb]
- Energy Best Deal case study form [ 280 kb]
- Energy Best Deal tips for marketing sessions [ 73 kb]
Client attendance sheet and survey forms
- Energy Best Deal attendance sheet [ 37 kb]
- Energy Best Deal feedback survey consumer [ 0.57 mb] (English)
- Energy Best Deal feedback survey frontline staff [ 0.58 mb] (English)
- Energy Best Deal consumer feedback Google Form (online only)
- Energy Best Deal front-line worker feedback Google Form (online only)
- Session report form (online only)
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- audio files]
- Introduction to Energy Best Deal [ 3 mb]
- Section 1 - Shop around to reduce your energy costs by switching tariff, payment method or supplier [ 19 mb]
- Section 2 - Where to go for help if you are struggling with your energy bills or services [ 9.3 mb]
- Section 3 - How to save money and use less energy in your home [ 11 mb]
- Contact details [ 11 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- large print and screen reader accessible PDF (English) [ 0.67 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- large print and screen reader accessible PDF (Welsh) [ 0.65 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- easy read document (part 1) [ 3.3 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- easy read document (part 2) [ 2.8 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- British Sign Language (BSL):
- Energy Best Deal evaluation report 2016/17 [ 1.8 mb]
- Review of Energy Best Deal evaluation report 2016/17 [ 130 kb]
To find out more please contact further information
Please note that we cannot provide advice via this email address. To contact your local Citizens Advice follow this link.