Big Energy Saving Network and Big Energy Saving Week 2019/20
Big Energy Saving Network (BESN) and Big Energy Saving Week (BESW) 2020/21
BESN in 2020/21
BESN is a community outreach project targetting vulnerable energy consumers. It is delivered by Energy Champions in organisations across England and Wales. It aims to help people with their energy bills by encouraging them to take actions, including: switching, signing up for WHD, signing up for the PSR and taking measures to make their homes more energy efficient.
In addition to this, a network of 20 Regional Leads offer training to frontline workers, and support to Energy Champions. This role should equal 0.6 FTE per Regional Lead for the duration of the BESN project.
As a result of COVID-19 there will be some changes to the delivery of both projects in 2020/21, we are currently working on this. However, we do not expect the role profiles, or overall project objectives to vary too significantly from last year, we we suggest reading through last year's role profiles if you would like further information.
BESN will begin on 14 September 2020.
BESN evaluation 2018/19
Consumer Booklet and Resources
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (English) [ 430 kb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (Welsh) [ 0.56 mb]
- Help with bills- leaflet [ 89 kb]
- Switching- leaflet [ 110 kb]
- Energy efficiency- leaflet [ 98 kb]
Champion guide and handouts
- BESN Champion guidance for consumers [ 0.77 mb]
- Handout 1a - quiz [ 30 kb]
- Handout 2 - understanding your bill [ 2 mb]
- Handout 3 - reading your energy meter [ 140 kb]
- Handout 4 - energy saving activity [ 170 kb]
All Champions must complete the short eLearning module found below:
For Champions (note, it is not required to keep paper copies of reporting forms this year):
- ONLINE REPORTING TOOL- Champions
- Sign-in sheet for Frontline workers and consumers- [ 110 kb](2019 version, provided as reference only)
- One-to-one advice reporting sheet [ 400 kb] (2019 version, provided as reference only)
- Group session feedback form [ 390 kb](2019 version, provided as reference only)
For Regional Leads (note, it is not required to keep paper copies of reporting forms this year):
- ONLINE REPORTING TOOL- Regional Leads
- Sign-in sheet for Frontline workers and consumers [ 110 kb](2019 version, provided as reference only) [ 110 kb]
- Training feedback form [ 400 kb](2019 version, provided as reference only) [ 400 kb]
Each Champion must submit two case studies before the end of the 2019/20. Case study templates will be available shortly
If you have any queries please email: email@example.com