Energy Best Deal 2017
Citizens Advice members and external partners have been delivering the Energy Best Deal (EBD) public awareness and information programme with support from the energy regulator Ofgem and major energy companies for many years. By the spring of 2017, we estimate that Energy Best Deal has improved the confidence of over 600,000 domestic energy customers across England, Scotland and Wales to shop around, reduce their bills and get help if they are falling behind.
How Energy Best Deal is delivered
Information sessions are aimed at groups of consumers, who are in fuel poverty or are at risk of fuel poverty, and also at the frontline workers and volunteers who support these vulnerable consumers. Sessions are based around a one hour presentation, with an information booklet to be handed out to participants. The programme aims to:
- Make people aware of the savings that can be made by switching fuel providers or negotiating with existing providers.
- Provide information about help available from energy suppliers and government for people struggling to pay their gas and electricity bills.
- Inform consumers about how they might save money by using less energy, and sources of advice and help around energy efficiency.
Energy Best Deal learning materials
Permission to use learning materials
You are permitted to use the learning materials for educational purposes in any format or medium providing they are used for the purposes of delivering learning sessions, or to inform energy consumers, and are used accurately and not in a misleading context. Citizens Advice reserves the right to terminate or suspend use at any time.
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (English) [ 0.59 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (Welsh) [ 0.6 mb]
- Energy Best Deal presentation (English) [ 1.1 mb]
- Energy Best Deal presentation (Welsh)- will be updated shortly
Tutor packs and handouts
- Energy Best Deal trainer notes and session plan [ 200 kb]
- Energy Best Deal tutor pack and session plan - handout 1a - quiz [ 30 kb]
- Energy Best Deal tutor pack and session plan - handout 2 - understanding your bill [ 2 mb]
- Energy Best Deal tutor pack and session plan - handout 3 - reading your energy meter [ 140 kb]
- Energy Best Deal tutor pack and session plan - handout 4 - energy saving activity [ 170 kb]
Posters, case Study, marketing tips and press release
- Energy Best Deal A4 English poster [ 0.78 mb]
- Energy Best Deal A4 Welsh poster [ 0.78 mb]
- Energy Best Deal case study form [ 280 kb]
- Energy Best Deal tips for marketing sessions [ 73 kb]
- Energy Best Deal 2017 Press Release- will be updated shortly
Client attendance sheet and survey forms
- Energy Best Deal attendance sheet [ 37 kb]
- Energy Best Deal feedback survey consumer [ 0.57 mb] (English)
- Energy Best Deal feedback survey frontline staff [ 0.58 mb] (English)
- Energy Best Deal feedback survey consumer (Welsh)- will be updated shortly
- Energy Best Deal feedback survey frontline staff (Welsh)- will be updated shortly
- Energy Best Deal consumer feedback Google Form (online only)
- Energy Best Deal front-line worker feedback Google Form (online only)
- Session report form (online only)
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- audio files]
- Introduction to Energy Best Deal [ 3 mb]
- Section 1 - Shop around to reduce your energy costs by switching tariff, payment method or supplier [ 19 mb]
- Section 2 - Where to go for help if you are struggling with your energy bills or services [ 9.3 mb]
- Section 3 - How to save money and use less energy in your home [ 11 mb]
- Contact details [ 11 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- large print and screen reader accessible PDF (English) [ 0.67 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- large print and screen reader accessible PDF (Welsh) [ 0.65 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- easy read document (part 1) [ 3.3 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- easy read document (part 2) [ 2.8 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- British Sign Language (BSL):
To find out more please contact further information
Please note that we cannot provide advice via this email address. To contact your local Citizens Advice follow this link.