Financial capability and Inclusion
With resources from the European Social Fund, the East of England Development Agency funded financial capability training and job search assistance for out of work adults and the frontline workers who support them.
Citizens Advice led the consortium which included the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education (NIACE), Rocket Science, and 18 local delivery partners based in communities across the East of England region where financial exclusion is concentrated – including local Citizens Advice, credit unions, housing associations and other community groups.
From May 2009 to February 2011 the project provided:
- financial capability training for 930 unemployed and economically inactive adults and 580 frontline workers who support them
- 107 job search learning opportunities
- training for 37 financial capability tutors
- a network of 6 new county financial capability and inclusion forums.140 organisations joined the forums and five of the forums plan to continue in 2011.
The independent project evaluation demonstrated significant benefits and impact and the results have been collated in a series of briefings:
- Briefing 1 – Project summary and key outcomes [ 130 kb]
- Briefing 2 – Increasing employability [ 44 kb]
- Briefing 3 – Reaching more vulnerable learners [ 110 kb]
- Briefing 4 – Training design and delivery [ 130 kb]
- Briefing 5 – Key contacts and resources [ 130 kb]
- East of England final evaluation report Rocket Science March 2011 [ 0.66 mb]
Other resources adapted by the project are also available:
- Involving volunteers in financial capability [ 150 kb]
- Grant funds for financial capability / inclusion projects [ 0.58 mb]
- Costing financial capability projects [ 130 kb]
Please email email@example.com