Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Housing Caseworker

Position: Housing Caseworker

Location: Enfield (EN3), North London

Closing date: 31 December 2024

Role details

Job title:
Housing Caseworker

Enfield (EN3), North London


Salary pro rata:

London allowance:

Hours per week:
35 hours (5 days) Full Time

Closing date for applications:
Recruiting ASAP/ rolling until position filled.

Link to job pack for application:

This role is to provide an housing advice and casework service to our clients.

This will include:

  • Providing specialist advice on the full range of housing issues, including homelessness, allocations and landlord issues.
  • Preparing and presenting cases to the appropriate statutory bodies, tribunals or courts. Identifying key information such as time limits, key dates and need for urgent advice or action.
  • Acting as an in-house specialist for paid staff and volunteers.
  • Acting for clients by negotiating, calculating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning.
  • Maintaining detailed records on our CRM (Casebook).
  • Providing information for research and campaigns.
  • Keeping up-to-date with legislation, case law, policies and procedures relating to housing.

We require a minimum of 2 years experience of providing good quality specialist housing advice, casework and representation.

Other qualities you will need are:

  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
  • Good working knowledge of IT, particularly Office suite and SharePoint.
  • A flexible approach to service delivery and the ability to adapt to changing client and funder demands.

We offer a range of employee benefits including:

  • 30 days annual leave (FTE).
  • An employer matched pension contribution currently at 4%.
  • Access to Telus, an Employment Assistance Scheme which offers help and support with mental, financial, physical and emotional well-being.

Enfield Citizens Advice is an equal opportunities employer.

Every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity. Different application procedures are adopted by individual local Citizens Advice. Contact the relevant one as outlined in the information about this role. You should not send an application form to national Citizens Advice.

All local Citizens Advice produce their own annual report, but you can find out more about the Citizens Advice network or download the latest national Citizens Advice annual report.