Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Housing Solicitor/Caseworker

Position: Housing Solicitor/Caseworker

Location: Dewsbury

Closing date: 26 February 2024

Role details

Job title: Housing Solicitor/Caseworker

Location: Dewsbury

Salary: £26,840 - £31,265

Salary pro rata: No

Hours per week: 37

Type of contract: Permanent

Closing date for applications: 26 February 2024

Closing time: 12:00

Link to job pack for application and for more information:

Kirklees Citizens Advice and Law Centre are looking to expand the Housing Legal Team and want to appoint a Housing Solicitor/Caseworker to provide advice and representation under our Legal Aid contract and to represent clients under the Leeds Court Duty Scheme.

The successful candidate will have experience in delivering a casework service in housing law including representation at court, and will preferably have knowledge or experience of working under an LAA contract.

It is a requirement of this role that the postholder must meet LAA supervisor standard for housing or be able to show how this can be met in the near future. This role does not currently involve the supervision of casework staff. The application requires the completion of the LAA supervisor self-declaration form.

As a member of the KCALC team you will benefit from:

  • An 8% non-contributory Pension Scheme
  • Healthy Work/Life Balance – 37 hour working week and flexible working scheme.
  • Generous Annual Leave – 33 days holiday, rising to 38 after 5 continuous years’ service plus eight statutory bank holidays.
  • Commitment to health and wellbeing – access to employee assistance programme, discounts on days out, restaurants and high street shopping, contribution towards eye-tests, glasses, dental care and more.
  • Discounted and financed travel pass.
  • Commitment to ongoing development - Regular training workshops and personal development opportunities

Every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity. Different application procedures are adopted by individual local Citizens Advice. Contact the relevant one as outlined in the information about this role. You should not send an application form to national Citizens Advice.

All local Citizens Advice produce their own annual report, but you can find out more about the Citizens Advice network or download the latest national Citizens Advice annual report.