Position: Housing Solicitor/Caseworker
Closing date: 26 February 2024
Job title: Housing Solicitor/Caseworker
Salary: £26,840 - £31,265
Salary pro rata: No
Hours per week: 37
Type of contract: Permanent
Closing date for applications: 26 February 2024
Closing time: 12:00
Link to job pack for application and for more information:
Kirklees Citizens Advice and Law Centre are looking to expand the Housing Legal Team and want to appoint a Housing Solicitor/Caseworker to provide advice and representation under our Legal Aid contract and to represent clients under the Leeds Court Duty Scheme.
The successful candidate will have experience in delivering a casework service in housing law including representation at court, and will preferably have knowledge or experience of working under an LAA contract.
It is a requirement of this role that the postholder must meet LAA supervisor standard for housing or be able to show how this can be met in the near future. This role does not currently involve the supervision of casework staff. The application requires the completion of the LAA supervisor self-declaration form.
As a member of the KCALC team you will benefit from:
- An 8% non-contributory Pension Scheme
- Healthy Work/Life Balance – 37 hour working week and flexible working scheme.
- Generous Annual Leave – 33 days holiday, rising to 38 after 5 continuous years’ service plus eight statutory bank holidays.
- Commitment to health and wellbeing – access to employee assistance programme, discounts on days out, restaurants and high street shopping, contribution towards eye-tests, glasses, dental care and more.
- Discounted and financed travel pass.
- Commitment to ongoing development - Regular training workshops and personal development opportunities
Every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity. Different application procedures are adopted by individual local Citizens Advice. Contact the relevant one as outlined in the information about this role. You should not send an application form to national Citizens Advice.