Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

MaPS Debt Caseworker

Position: MaPS Debt Caseworker

Location: Eastleigh

Closing date: 14 May 2021

Role details

Job title: MaPS Debt Caseworker

Location: Eastleigh

Salary: £23,000 to £25,500 depending on experience

London allowance: No

Salary pro rata: No

Hours per week: 37

Type of contract: Fixed term

Citizens Advice Eastleigh is seeking a new Debt Caseworker to work under the MaPS project, based at our Eastleigh office. Citizens Advice Eastleigh offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. We give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem. We help with everything from money issues to problems at work, housing to consumer rights. While this role is based at our Eastleigh office, some home-working is required during the Covid-19 pandemic.

As an experienced Debt Caseworker, you should be able to provide a full and comprehensive range of debt advice. You will be able to guide and empower clients to act for themselves as well as negotiate with creditors on their behalf. You will evaluate the best options and strategies, then apply that to the client’s debt issues, looking for ways to maximise income while providing budgeting advice. You will be able to demonstrate your experience of casework within a quality based advice framework across a range of complex debt matters. Your expertise in negotiating with bailiffs, landlords and lenders will be crucial in preventing enforcement action and possessions proceedings for rent or mortgage arrears.

For an informal chat about the role please speak to:

Annabella Crawford, Telephone: 02380 642699 or Email:

To apply, please email:

Closing date for applications: 14 May 2021

Interview date: 19 May 2021

Every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity. Different application procedures are adopted by individual local Citizens Advice. Contact the relevant one as outlined in the information about this role. You should not send an application form to national Citizens Advice.

All local Citizens Advice produce their own annual report, but you can find out more about the Citizens Advice network or download the latest national Citizens Advice annual report.