Energy policy research and consultation responses
We are the official consumer body for energy. We use research and evidence from the people who contact our advice service every day to understand the problems facing energy consumers in Great Britain. We help solve these problems by engaging with industry, changing policy and supporting consumers to navigate the market.
- Understanding High and Low Electricity usage
- Taking the temperature: consumer choice and low carbon heating
- Meeting net zero - Options for network company highly anticipatory investments in a post-COVID-19 environment
- Future Proof: Challenges and opportunities in providing great service in energy
- Powering up or facing resistance? How people understand the benefits of smart appliances
- View all
- Citizens Advice response to ‘Electricity retail market-wide half-hourly settlement: consultation’
- Citizens Advice response to RIIO-2 Draft Determinations for Transmission, Gas Distribution and Electricity System Operator
- Citizens Advice response to BEIS’ call for evidence on energy-related products
- Citizens Advice response to the Ofgem Open letter: Notification to interested stakeholders of our interconnector policy review
- Citizens Advice Response to BEIS’ Smart Metering Implementation Programme Consultation on Future Coordinated Consumer Engagement
- View all
Use our interactive charts to explore the calls we get about problems with smart meters.