Energy policy research and consultation responses
We are the official consumer body for energy. We use research and evidence from the people who contact our advice service every day to understand the problems facing energy consumers in Great Britain. We help solve these problems by engaging with industry, changing policy and supporting consumers to navigate the market.
- Future Energy Consumers: Views from our digital series
- Getting support to those who need it: How to improve consumer support in essential services
- Lessons for net zero: What past energy efficiency and low carbon home improvement schemes tell us
- Taking the temperature: consumer choice and low carbon heating
- Meeting net zero - Options for network company highly anticipatory investments in a post-COVID-19 environment
- View all
- Citizens Advice response to Ofgem’s consultation on The Retail Energy Code - proposals for version 1.1
- Citizens Advice response to BEIS’s Warm Home Discount Scheme 2021 to 2022 consultation
- Citizens Advice response to consultation on the RIIO-2 Re-opener Guidance and Application Requirements Document
- Citizens Advice response to BEIS consultation on proposals for a green gas levy
- Citizens Advice response to Ofcom consultation: “Open Communications: Enabling people to share data with innovative services”
- View all
Use our interactive charts to explore the calls we get about problems with smart meters.