Energy policy research and consultation responses
We are the official consumer body for energy. We use research and evidence from the people who contact our advice service every day to understand the problems facing energy consumers in Great Britain. We help solve these problems by engaging with industry, changing policy and supporting consumers to navigate the market.
- How we monitor energy suppliers
- Risks to consider and examples of good practice for energy suppliers and networks to support consumers affected by Covid-19
- Stuck in the Middle
- Energy supplier rating - decision document on new customer service metrics and other updates
- When the cap no longer fits: a discussion paper on protecting energy consumers when the price cap ends
- View all
- Response to BEIS consultation on proposed changes to the Electricity Supplier Obligation Regulations in response to COVID-19.
- Response to Ofgem’s consultation on protecting energy consumers on prepayment meters
- Citizens Advice response to Ofgem Statutory consultation on licence obligations to ensure coordination and cooperation in the efficient and economical operation of the electricity system
- Citizens Advice response to Ofgem consultation on the Regulatory treatment of CLASS as a balancing service in the RIIO-ED2 price control
- Citizens Advice response to ENA consultation on the Open Networks Project Phase 4 2020 Project Initiation Document
- View all
Use our interactive charts to explore the calls we get about problems with smart meters.