Welfare policy research, surveys and consultation responses
Welfare and benefits forms the largest area of advice we deliver at Citizens Advice. This gives us some of the clearest insights into the way in which the system works and the challenges it poses.
Our research is focused on using our data and expertise to make the case for a system which is more responsive to the needs and circumstances of its users. This includes helping policymakers understand the impact of changes, working for better service design and highlighting the importance of robust advice and support.
Find out about all our welfare policy work.
- Citizens Advice response to the Social Security Advisory Committee call for evidence on the Claimant Commitment in Universal Credit
- Citizens Advice response to the Work and Pensions Select Committee Natural Migration Inquiry
- Citizens Advice response to the Work and Pensions Select Committee Welfare Safety Net Inquiry
- Citizens Advice submission to the Work and Pensions Select Committee - November 2018
- Citizens Advice response to the Work and Pensions Select Committee inquiry into childcare costs under Universal Credit
- View all
Our research finds changes made by the government have made a difference for people waiting for their first Universal Credit payment - but lots of people are still struggling.