Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Check if you're eligible for Universal Credit

This advice applies to England

If you’re already claiming benefits

You’re likely to be moved onto Universal Credit from 2019 onwards if you get any of the following benefits:

  • Housing Benefit
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income Support

If your circumstances change before then, for example you get a job, become unemployed or move home, you might have to make a claim for Universal Credit instead.

You don’t need to do anything until the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) gets in touch.

Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?
Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.