Skip to content Skip to footer

Surveyors organisations

This advice applies to England

This page provides details on surveyors organisations you can approach if your surveyor is a member and you have problems with the work they have done.


Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) is one of the professional bodies for chartered surveyors. Members of RICS must comply with rules of professional conduct. Breaches of these rules can be investigated by RICS.

RICS operates an indemnity scheme to protect clients' money against fraud or dishonesty by RICS members. The indemnity scheme covers any money held by RICS members for clients. The contact details of RICS are:

Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Contact Centre
Parliament Square

Tel: 024 7686 8555
Fax: 020 7334 3811

If you have lost money due to a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors member not taking care in their work and being negligent,  contact a solicitor about getting your money back.  Surveyors are insured against negligence claims. You could also use the RICS Dispute Resolution Service (DRS) which provides services to resolve disputes in land, property and construction. There is normally a cost to use this service. Details of the scheme are available from RICS.

Next steps

Did this advice help?