Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Vulnerable people and scams

How to stop someone vulnerable being scammed.

Reporting a problem to Trading Standards

Trading Standards deal with complex consumer problems and potential criminal activities.

If you want to report a problem to Trading Standards, you should contact the Citizens Advice consumer service, who share information reported to them with Trading Standards.

Stopping someone vulnerable from being scammed

Signs to watch out for if you are a carer, relative, friend or neighbour of someone who is vulnerable to scams because they have a mental health or learning difficulty or are older, and what you can do to try and avoid it happening.