Neidio i’r llywio Neidio i’r cynnwys Neidio i’r troedyn

When the NHS can pay for ongoing care

Mae’r cyngor hwn yn berthnasol i Cymru

If you have a serious physical or mental health condition and you need ongoing care, the NHS may be responsible for providing it free of charge.

This is known as NHS continuing healthcare, and can include a place in a care home or a care package to help you continue living in your home.

Even if you are not eligible for NHS continuing healthcare, you may still be entitled to have some NHS-funded nursing care, free of charge.

You can find information about NHS continuing healthcare and how to ask for it, in the Age Cymru factsheet, 'NHS continuing healthcare and NHS-funded nursing care in Wales'. It is available on the Age Cymru website at:

The factsheet also has information about:

  • how to dispute a Local Health Board decision that you are not entitled to NHS Continuing Care
  • how to claim back care costs you, or a relative, paid in the past
  • who is entitled to free NHS-funded nursing care.

For more information contact Age Cymru.

Age Cymru

Ground Floor, Mariners House
Trident Court
East Moors Road
CF24 5TD

Email: or use the contact form on their website
Twitter: @AgeCymru

Adviceline: 08000 223 444
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Calls are free from mobiles and landlines.

A oedd y cyngor hwn yn fuddiol?
Pam nad oedd y cyngor yn fuddiol?

Dywedwch fwy wrthym am pam nad oedd ein cyngor yn helpu.

A oedd y cyngor hwn yn fuddiol?

Diolch i chi, cyflwynwyd eich adborth.