Energy policy research and consultation responses
We are the official consumer body for energy. We use research and evidence from the people who contact our advice service every day to understand the problems facing energy consumers in Great Britain. We help solve these problems by engaging with industry, changing policy and supporting consumers to navigate the market.
- Bringing heat networks up to standard: How heat networks can start delivering better customer service outcomes
- Demanding attention: Managing risks with demand-side response, to improve consumer experience tomorrow
- Recovery or Ruin? The role of accessible support in helping energy consumers through the crisis
- Future Energy Consumers: Views from our digital series
- Getting support to those who need it: How to improve consumer support in essential services
- Gweld popeth
- Citizens Advice response to BEIS consultation on Improving the Energy Performance of Privately Rented Homes in England and Wales
- Citizens Advice response to statutory consultation on amendments to the Guaranteed Standards of Performance (GSOP) Statutory Instrument for Gas Transporters (GTs)
- Citizens Advice response to Ofgem’s consultation on increasing DCC’s revenue at risk against the Operational Performance Regime (OPR) and on DCC Price Control: Regulatory Year 2019/20
- Citizens Advice response to the Welsh Government’s consultation on Tackling Fuel Poverty 2020-2035
- Response to Ofgem's second consultation on reviewing the impact of COVID on the price cap
- Gweld popeth
Use our interactive charts to explore the calls we get about problems with smart meters.