Get help with online scams
Our Scams Action service gives advice and information about online scams.
Contact us if:
- you think you might have found an online scam
- you've been scammed online
- you want to report an online scam
you're acting on behalf of someone who's been scammed online
We'll let you know what to do next, and give you support on the issues you might be facing.
Call our helpline
Contact a Scams Action adviser by calling 0300 330 3003.
The service is open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. We're closed on bank holidays.
We don’t charge for calls to the helpline. Your service provider could charge you for your call, but it should be free if either:
- your contract includes all calls to landlines
- you’re within your free minutes allowance for calls to landlines
You might be charged if your contract doesn’t include all calls to landlines or you’ve used all your free minutes. For example, a 10 minute call could cost:
- £1.73 from a BT landline - find out more about BT call charges
- £3.50 if you’re an EE pay as you go customer - find out more about EE call charges
Check your supplier’s website to find out what you’ll be charged.
Use our chat service to talk to a Scams Action adviser online.
Chat is available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. It's closed on bank holidays.
If you can't see a chat box on the page, it might mean there are no advisers available. It's worth waiting for a few minutes and then trying again.
Some 'ad blocker' software stops chat working. If you use an ad blocker, make sure you add citizensadvice.org.uk as a trusted site.
Before you report an online scam to us
You can contact the Scams Action service to report an online scam. Before you get in touch, check our advice on reporting a scam.