Neidio i’r llywio Neidio i’r cynnwys Neidio i’r troedyn

If you've overstayed your visa or leave

Mae’r cyngor hwn yn berthnasol i Cymru

If you’ve overstayed your visa or leave, you'll have 90 days to leave the country from the date it expired.

You might still be able to apply for a new visa within 14 days of your old one expiring.

You'll need to prove you had a very good reason for not renewing your old visa - so it's best to renew in time if you still can. 

The Home Office won't remind you when your visa or leave expires. Check the stamp or sticker in your passport if you’re not sure whether you’ve overstayed.

Apply for a new visa

You have 14 days from the date your visa or leave expires to apply for a new one - you'll need to have a good reason for not renewing it in time. 

You won't be entitled to the same rights if you overstay - eg if you were entitled to work before you overstayed, you'll have to stop until you get a decision on your new application.

Leaving the UK

If you don’t leave voluntarily within 30 days, you could be deported.

If you leave voluntarily after 30 days, you could be banned from re-entering the UK for between 1 and 10 years. How long you’re banned for depends on:

  • when you leave the UK
  • whether you leave voluntarily or you’re deported
  • whether you’re able to pay to go back to your home country

Your rights as an overstayer

It doesn’t matter how long you’ve overstayed for - you can still:

  • send children to school until they turn 16
  • use emergency services in the UK (police, fire and ambulance)
  • get essential and emergency healthcare, including treatment if you’re having a baby
A oedd y cyngor hwn yn fuddiol?
Pam nad oedd y cyngor yn fuddiol?
A oedd y cyngor hwn yn fuddiol?

Diolch i chi, cyflwynwyd eich adborth.