Skip to content Skip to footer

Statutory declaration of change of name for adults

You can use this sample statutory declaration of change of name, if you are not using a solicitor to help you write it.

Remember, you will have to sign it using your new name. You will also have to have your declaration witnessed by a solicitor or a Justice of the Peace (JP). This means that you'll have to sign it in their presence. They will then also need to sign it and add their details. You will usually have to pay a small fee for having your declaration witnessed.

Did this advice help?