Skip to content Skip to footer

This advice applies to England. Change country

Complaints about the press

This information applies to England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

You can find information on how to make a complaint about an article in the press (newspapers and magazines) on the website of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).

As well as dealing with complaints about published material, IPSO also works to prevent media harassment including how to handle unwanted approaches by journalists. It also offers advice about what you can do before something is published.

For more information go to:

Telephone: 0300 123 2220 (9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday). Calls to this number are charged at the standard call rate from anywhere in the UK including mobile phones.

Make a complaint using the IPSO complaint form

Did this advice help?