This advice applies to England. Change country
Prisoners' fact sheets
We’re replacing these fact sheets with new printer-friendly 'overview' pages or updated content on existing pages.
We'll update this list when the new content goes live.
We have produced a number of PDF fact sheets on the rights of prisoners. The fact sheets are short, easy to read and easy to print. They give key facts about each topic and are updated regularly.
- Discrimination in prison [ 27 kb]
- Early release from prison - serving your sentence in the community [ 42 kb]
- Health in prisons [ 170 kb]
- Leaving prison [ 40 kb]
- Prisoners and benefits [ 180 kb]
- Prisoners and debt [ 41 kb]
- Prisoners and housing [ 41 kb]
- Prisoners - letters [ 35 kb]
- Prisoners - making a complaint [ 41 kb]
- Prisoners - phone calls [ 24 kb]
- Prisoners - problems with property [ 45 kb]
- Prisoners - visits [ 42 kb]
- Prisoners – getting further help [ 190 kb]
If you haven't found what you were looking for, you may want to look at to our main page on law and rights.
Should you have difficultly opening any of these files, our help section contains troubleshooting information on how to open a PDF.