Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Looking after people

You may need community care services if you are older, disabled or ill.

These pages explain how you can find out what services are available and how you can get them.

You can also find out about Health and Social Care Trust services for children in need and what happens when a child goes into care.

Social care and support

Information on community care services, including assessments for services and which services may be charged for.

Local authority services for children in need

A definition of children in need and information on the services which local authorities must provide.

Managing affairs for someone else

Information on managing someone’s affairs including ordinary, lasting and enduring power of attorney, and mental capacity.

Children and local authority care

Information on care orders including when care orders are made and on the care options for children who are subject to care orders.

Carers: help and support

Help and support available for carers including care needs assessments and financial help.