Letter to switch energy supplier if you have a prepayment meter
You can use this template letter if you've tried to move to another gas or electricity supplier but your current supplier has objected. The letter asks your supplier to complete your switch if all of the following apply:
- you have a prepayment meter
- you owe your supplier money, but your debt isn't more than £500 for gas or £500 for electricity
- you've asked them to switch you to a different supplier
- they've sent you a letter saying no because of your debt
Before you begin you'll need:
- the name of your current supplier
- your account or customer number
- the name of the person who wrote to you
- the date you received their letter
- the name of the new supplier you want to switch to
- the amount of money you owe your current supplier
To create your letter, click on the 'write letter' button and follow the steps. You'll need to enter some information about yourself and your account. You can then preview and download your letter.
This is an example letter, and it might not suit your specific situation.
If you need more detailed advice or guidance, contact the Citizens Advice consumer service.
Citizens Advice consumer service (Scotland)
Tel: 03454 04 05 06 (Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm)
The Citizens Advice consumer service will provide energy and postal service advice to Scottish consumers. You can find out more about the service, including how to get in touch online, on Contact the consumer helpline.