Coronavirus - meeting people
You can meet with any number of people or households at home and in public places.
The Scottish government advises that you:
- meet others outside if you can
- open windows if you meet inside
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- avoid crowded places and keep your distance from others if you can
- take a Covid test regularly – check how to get a Covid test if you don’t have symptoms on NHS inform
- self-isolate and book a test if you have Covid symptoms - check how to book a test if you have Covid symptoms on NHS inform.
Find out more about when you need to isolate on NHS inform.
Going to public places
When you visit public places like a restaurant, you'll usually need to:
- provide your contact details
- wear a face mask indoors.
Some people, like children under 12, don't have to wear a face mask. You can check the Scottish government guidance on face coverings.
If you were on the shielding list
You can follow the same rules as others.
You can find more information in the guidance for people at highest risk on mygov.scot.