Fit for work resources
If your organisation would like to take additional action in support of our campaign to make ESA fit for work you may find the resources below useful. These tools and guides will help you to campaign for improvements in the way the ESA works for your clients and others.
Don’t forget that your organisation can still take all the individual actions listed on the main campaign page. This page will be updated with any further resources that might be of use to organisations wishing to support the campaign. If you need something else or have a question please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality and discrimination resources
The tools below were developed by Citizens Advice and local bureaux to help local advice agencies to understand discrimination (as defined in the Equality Act 2010) as it applies to ESA claimant experiences, and to improve the advice and support that these organisations are able to give to individual claimants. By taking action to challenge discrimination in ESA and collecting evidence on the problems you see and overcome you can help us to achieve our aim of improving the quality of the ESA application process and the experiences of claimants across the country.
Once you’ve had a look, you can use the links in the appendix or below to download a range of additional handouts and guides:
- A 5 minute starter guide hand-out [ 140 kb]
- Worker’s meeting social model of disability hand-out [ 160 kb]
- Worker’s meeting Equality Act and disability hand-out [ 150 kb]
- Adviser checklist: Mandatory Reconsideration, sanctions and disabled people [ 70 kb]
- Template letter requesting reasonable adjustment [ 7.4 kb]
- Example letter requesting reasonable adjustment [ 7.4 kb]
- Example letter following up where no adjustment made [ 21 kb]
- ESA and reasonable adjustments flowchart (A3) [ 74 kb]
- Worker’s meeting Powerpoint presentation [ 2.5 mb]
- Complaining and campaigning resource [ 180 kb]
Further resources on Equality and discrimination are linked to within the main resource above.