Statement on Citizens Advice call costs
Michele Shambrook, Director of Operations at Citizens Advice said:
"Citizens Advice helped 2.7 million people last year through our range of advice services.
“As a charity we're committed to making our advice as accessible as possible and provide free advice through face-to-face appointments, email, web chat and online.
“We delivered on our commitment to change our national phone lines from 084 numbers to 034 numbers by September 2014. On top of that 94% of local Citizens Advice charities have also changed to 034 numbers with more planned to move over by the end of the year, we’re working with the remaining local services to help them change their numbers too.
“Anyone calling our national phone numbers or the majority of local services will be dialing a local rate number, which depending on the caller’s tariff will be free or the standard rate for landline or mobile calls.”
Notes to editors
- The Citizens Advice service comprises a network of local Citizens Advice, all of which are independent charities, the Citizens Advice consumer service and national charity Citizens Advice. Together we help people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers. For more see the Citizens Advice website.
- The advice provided by the Citizens Advice service is free, independent, confidential and impartial, and available to everyone regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
- To get advice online or find your local Citizens Advice in England and Wales, visit citizensadvice.org.uk
- You can get consumer advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06 or 03454 04 05 05 for Welsh language speakers.
- Local Citizens Advice in England and Wales advised 2.5 million clients on 6.2 million problems in 2014/15. For full service statistics see our publication Advice trends.
- Citizens Advice service staff are supported by more than 21,000 trained volunteers, working at over 2,500 service outlets across England and Wales.