Big Energy Saving Network and Big Energy Saving Week 2019/20
Big Energy Saving Network (BESN) and Big Energy Saving Week (BESW) 2019/20
The application window for BESN and BESW in 2019/20 is now open.
- BESN Champion and BESW Application Form [ 240 kb]
- BESN Champion and BESW Application Guidance [ 260 kb]
- BESN Regional Lead Application Form [ 230 kb]
- BESN Regional Lead Guidance [ 98 kb]
We have also produced two role profiles for this year's project. They should provide some further indication about the type of work we expect you to deliver, though we understand that delivery may vary between organisations.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 06 September 2019, at 5pm. If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact email@example.com.
If you would like to read an evaluation of delivery in 2018/19 then you can see this here [ 0.71 mb].
You can find a selection of materials and resources used to deliver the project last year below:
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (English) [ 0.5 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (Welsh) [ 0.56 mb]
Champion guide and handouts
- BESN Champion guidance for consumers [ 0.77 mb]
- Handout 1a - quiz [ 30 kb]
- Handout 2 - understanding your bill [ 2 mb]
- Handout 3 - reading your energy meter [ 140 kb]
- Handout 4 - energy saving activity [ 170 kb]
Please complete the relevant form below for all training sessions, group advice sessions and one-to-one appointments with consumers. You can then submit that information to us using the online volumes reporting tool by the fifth working day of the month after the event was delivered.
- Sign-in sheet for Frontline workers and consumers [ 110 kb]
- One-to-one advice reporting sheet [ 390 kb]
- Online volumes reporting tool
- Editable one-to one advice reporting sheet [ 1 mb]
- Editable sign in sheet for frontline workers and consumers [ 240 kb]
It is not compulsory for each BESN attendee to complete one of the below, however the collecting as much information as possible from these forms will help us to effectively evaluate the project and make a case for further funding.
- Frontline worker feedback form [ 360 kb]
- Frontline worker feedback form (editable) [ 0.8 mb]
- Frontline worker online feedback form
- Consumer feedback form- group sessions [ 350 kb]
- Editable consumer feedback form- group sessions [ 0.8 mb]
- Online form for Consumer feedback form- group sessions
Each Champion must submit two case studies before the end of the 2018/19 BESN project. One case study should focus on a consumer that you gave advice to, the second will focus on a frontline worker or group of frontline workers. The forms for each case study can be found below and should be no longer than one side of A4.
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Best Deal
This year (2018/19) Citizens Advice will not be delivering the Energy Best Deal project. The materials we produced for this project will still be available online for the foreseeable future, to support organisations who have found them useful.
Energy Best Deal learning materials
Tutor packs and handouts
Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- audio files]
- Introduction to Energy Best Deal [ 3 mb]
- Section 1 - Shop around to reduce your energy costs by switching tariff, payment method or supplier [ 19 mb]
- Section 2 - Where to go for help if you are struggling with your energy bills or services [ 9.3 mb]
- Section 3 - How to save money and use less energy in your home [ 11 mb]
- Contact details [ 11 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- large print and screen reader accessible PDF (English) [ 0.67 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- large print and screen reader accessible PDF (Welsh) [ 0.65 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- easy read document (part 1) [ 3.3 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- easy read document (part 2) [ 2.8 mb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet- British Sign Language (BSL):