Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Help To Claim Adviser

Position: Help To Claim Adviser

Location: Citizens Advice Braintree & South Essex

Closing date: 27 June 2024

Role details

Job title:
Help To Claim Adviser

Citizens Advice Braintree & South Essex


Salary pro rata:

London allowance:

Hours per week:

Type of contract:
Fixed term

End date of contract:

Closing date for applications:

Closing time:

Interview date:

Link to job pack for application:

Citizens Advice Braintree & South Essex are looking for a Help to Claim Adviser to join our successful Help to Claim team. The team provides an effective and efficient advice service for first time Universal Credit claimants. The national service includes the provision of advice, information and support via webchat and telephone helping claimants through to their first payment of Universal Credit. Where possible we offer flexible working, for example this role can be based at home or a combination of some home and office work. The Help to Claim service operates Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

Successful applicants will work up 37 hours per week, working hours on each day are between 8am and 6pm, with early 8am start and late 6pm finishes, shared on a rota with the rest of the Help to Claim team. We need people proficient in IT with excellent customer service skills. Knowledge and experience of welfare benefits advice is advantageous although training will be given.

To apply please download the application form first. Once you've completed the application form and have everything ready to submit, click the "Apply" button. Please refer to the 'Guidance notes for applicants' on how to upload your application form. You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your application however only applications with a filled in application form will be considered. CVs will not be accepted as a substitute for an application form.

Every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity. Different application procedures are adopted by individual local Citizens Advice. Contact the relevant one as outlined in the information about this role. You should not send an application form to national Citizens Advice.

All local Citizens Advice produce their own annual report, but you can find out more about the Citizens Advice network or download the latest national Citizens Advice annual report.