Welfare policy research, surveys and consultation responses
Welfare and benefits forms the largest area of advice we deliver at Citizens Advice. This gives us some of the clearest insights into the way in which the system works and the challenges it poses.
Our research is focused on using our data and expertise to make the case for a system which is more responsive to the needs and circumstances of its users. This includes helping policymakers understand the impact of changes, working for better service design and highlighting the importance of robust advice and support.
Find out about all our welfare policy work.
- Citizens Advice response to Work and Pensions Select Committee inquiry into benefit sanctions
- Citizens Advice response to the Work and Pensions Select Committee inquiry into Universal Credit Roll out (Oct 17)
- Citizens Advice response to the Work and Pensions Select Committee inquiry into Universal Credit (March 17)
- Citizens Advice gives evidence to the Public Accounts Committee's inquiry into benefit sanctions
- Citizens Advice responds to the Personal Independence Payment Assessment Second Independent Review
- View all