Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Letter to complain about a delay to a service arranged before 1 October 2015

This advice applies to Wales

This letter applies to a service that you gave the go-ahead for before 1 October 2015. If you gave the go-ahead on or after 1 October 2015, use our letter to complain about a delay to a service.

Use this letter template to complain to a trader about delays in starting or finishing a service.

You might want to complain because the trader:

  • hasn’t done the work in a reasonable time, eg if a decorator started work painting a room a week ago, but disappeared after a day and hasn’t been back to finish the job

  • didn’t meet an agreed deadline, eg you ordered a birthday cake and it hasn’t been delivered in time for the party

It should help the trader understand your point of view and their legal obligation to sort out the problem.

You can send the letter by post or copy the text into an email. If you’d prefer to talk to the trader on the phone or in person you could read it out to them.

Before you use this template, make sure you read our advice on:

Further help

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06 if you need more help - a trained adviser can give you advice over the phone. You can also use an online form or write to them.

If you’re in Northern Ireland, contact Consumerline.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?
Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.