Skip to content Skip to footer

Asking the local authority for help with disrepair

The local authority may be able to help if the landlord does not deal with disrepair problems. This section explains what the local authority's powers are and how you can contact them.

Letter from a tenant to the local authority for private tenants

Letter from a private rented tenant to the local authority about disrepair if the landlord has not dealt with repair problems.