Welfare policy research, surveys and consultation responses
Welfare and benefits forms the largest area of advice we deliver at Citizens Advice. This gives us some of the clearest insights into the way in which the system works and the challenges it poses.
Our research is focused on using our data and expertise to make the case for a system which is more responsive to the needs and circumstances of its users. This includes helping policymakers understand the impact of changes, working for better service design and highlighting the importance of robust advice and support.
Find out about all our welfare policy work.
- Targeting support when energy bills rise in April
- How to protect consumers as energy prices rise
- Universal Credit is locking hundreds of thousands of parents out of work
- How do I survive now? The impact of living with No Recourse to Public Funds
- Roadblock to recovery: Why the rules in Universal Credit are creating barriers to work
- Gweld popeth
- Citizens Advice response to the Work and Pensions Select Committee inquiry on Universal Credit and childcare costs
- Citizens Advice response to the House of Commons Work and Pensions Select Committee inquiry on health assessments for benefits
- Survey to understand the experiences of people with No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF)
- Budget 2021 representation from Citizens Advice on the Universal Credit Uplift
- Citizens Advice response to the Work and Pensions Committee inquiry on DWP's preparations for changes in the world of work, June 2020
- Gweld popeth