Price cap extension is essential to protect consumers, says Citizens Advice
In its role as the official consumer watchdog for energy, Citizens Advice has responded to the BEIS Energy Retail Market Strategy for the 2020s, including an extension of the energy price cap framework.
Dame Clare Moriarty, Chief Executive of Citizens Advice, said:
“This strategy should protect customers from the loyalty penalty and make it easier for them to choose energy products that save them money. It will also help consumers reduce their carbon footprint, by expanding protections for buying green products and services.
“The price cap prevents loyal customers who don’t switch from being ripped off by their energy supplier. The government’s commitment to keeping the price cap in place until such protections are no longer needed is good news for customers. It is especially important at a time when many households face significant financial challenges resulting from the pandemic.
”People can make savings by switching suppliers. The government’s proposals to improve the switching process should help more people get a fair deal on their bills.”
Notes to editors
- Citizens Advice includes the national charity; the network of independent local Citizens Advice charities across England and Wales; the Citizens Advice consumer service; and the Witness Service.
- Citizens Advice is the statutory consumer advocate for energy and post. We provide supplier performance information to consumers and policy analysis to decision makers.
- The Citizens Advice Witness Service provides free, independent support for prosecution and defence witnesses in every criminal court in England and Wales.
- Citizens Advice offers Pension Wise services at 500 locations in England and Wales.
- Citizens Advice’s services are free, independent, confidential and impartial, and available to all regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
- To get advice online or find your local Citizens Advice, visit citizensadvice.org.uk
- For consumer advice, call the Citizens Advice consumer service on 0808 223 1133 or 0808 223 1144 to talk in Welsh.
- We helped 2.6 million people face to face, by phone, email and webchat in 2017-18. For service statistics see our monthly publication Advice trends.
- Citizens Advice staff are supported by over 23,000 trained volunteers, working at over 2,500 locations in England and Wales.