Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer


On these pages you can find information about how to go about renting or buying a home or just finding somewhere to live. You can also find advice on handling problems with your landlord and help to avoid losing your home.

Check how the Welsh renting rules have changed

Renting rules in Wales changed on 1 December 2022. Find out how this affects you.

Renting privately

Get advice about renting from a private landlord, including if you're being evicted.

Renting from the council or a housing association

Get advice on social housing, including if you're being evicted.

Homeless help

Get advice on applying for homeless help from the council, including making an application and challenging a decision.

Eviction for rent arrears

Details of the various types of possession orders that a judge can grant a landlord in order to evict their tenant.

Discrimination in housing

Check if you're being discriminated against in your housing and find out how to solve your problem.

People leaving the armed forces, veterans and their families

Information for people who are about to leave the armed forces, veterans and dependents, on finding accommodation. Covers sources of help and care homes for veterans and disabled ex-service personnel.

Check you have the right to reside for housing

You’ll need to show you have a right to reside if you’ve got pre-settled status from the EU Settlement Scheme - or if you’re waiting for a decision from the scheme.

Showing habitual residence to get help with housing

Find out what the habitual residence test is for housing, who needs to pass it and what evidence you need.