Moving home and water bills

Mae'r cyngor hwn yn berthnasol i Cymru. Gweler cyngor ar gyfer Gweler cyngor ar gyfer Lloegr, Gweler cyngor ar gyfer Gogledd Iwerddon, Gweler cyngor ar gyfer Yr Alban

You need to let your water company know when you're planning to move - and where to. Check your water company's website to find out how to do this.

If you have a water meter, give your water company at least 5 working days notice so they can arrange a final meter reading. If you don’t give them enough notice you could be charged for water that's used after you move out.

When you've moved

If you've moved to an area with a different water company, let them know - check their website to find out how to do this. You can check which water company supplies your area on the Consumer Council for Water (CCW) website.

If you're staying with the same water company, you need to let them know your new address.

If your new home has a water meter, take a reading as soon as you move in. You can't ask for the meter to be removed.

Sewerage charges

Your sewerage might be supplied by a different company to the one that supplies your water. This means you could get a separate bill - or your water company might include sewerage charges on their bill on behalf of the sewerage company.

Help us improve our website

Take 3 minutes to tell us if you found what you needed on our website. Your feedback will help us give millions of people the information they need.

Adolygwyd y dudalen ar 20 Chwefror 2020