Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Letter to complain about faulty goods supplied with a service before 1 October 2015

This advice applies to Wales

This letter applies to goods that you bought before 1 October 2015. If you bought the goods on or after 1 October 2015, use our letter to complain about faulty goods supplied with a service.

You can use this letter template to complain about faulty goods that have been supplied as part of a service such as building work or car repairs.

It should help the trader understand your point of view and their legal obligation to sort out the problem.

You can send the letter by post or copy the text into an email. If you’d prefer to talk to the trader on the phone or in person you could read it out to them.

Further help

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06 if you need more help - a trained adviser can give you advice over the phone. You can also use an online form or write to them.

If you’re in Northern Ireland, contact Consumerline.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?
Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.