Neidio i’r llywio Neidio i’r cynnwys Neidio i’r troedyn

Help with the cost of transport if you're disabled

Mae’r cyngor hwn yn berthnasol i Cymru

You can apply for a disabled person’s bus pass or railcard if you have a condition that makes it hard to get around. You don’t need to have a physical health problem - people with learning disabilities can apply too. 

Someone else can apply on your behalf, if you need help with the application.

You’ll be able to travel for free by bus, or get 30% off your train tickets.

Your nearest Citizens Advice can help you with the application if you need it. 

Getting a disabled person’s railcard

Find out if you're eligible and how to apply on the National Rail website. If you don’t qualify, you’ll have to pay the full price for your train tickets. You won’t be able to appeal if your application is rejected.

Getting a disabled person’s bus pass 

You’ll be able to get a bus pass if:

  • you’re blind or partially sighted, deaf or unable to speak
  • you can’t walk very far because of a disability, illness or injury
  • you don’t have arms or can’t use your arms
  • you have a severe learning disability
  • you’ve been refused a driving licence because of your health (but not because of problems with drugs or alcohol)

Contact Transport for Wales to apply for a bus pass.

If you can’t get a bus pass

You can appeal to your council if your bus pass application was refused. Check your council’s website to find out how to appeal.

You can also visit your nearest Citizens Advice - an adviser will talk to you about your options.

Other help you can get

If you’re eligible for a bus or rail pass, you might also be able to get:

It’s also worth checking you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to - you can use our benefits checker to easily find out.

A oedd y cyngor hwn yn fuddiol?
Pam nad oedd y cyngor yn fuddiol?

Dywedwch fwy wrthym am pam nad oedd ein cyngor yn helpu.

A oedd y cyngor hwn yn fuddiol?

Diolch i chi, cyflwynwyd eich adborth.