Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

EEA nationals - other ways to get rights

If you are an EEA national and need to claim benefits, you may have to satisfy the conditions of the habitual residence test, which includes the right to reside. If you don’t have the right to reside through being a worker, self-employed person, jobseeker, former worker, or family member there may be other ways you can get the right to reside. Find out here how you can do this.

You look after children

Right to reside and the habitual residence test in the UK if you care for a child of an EEA worker who is at school or college.

You are self-sufficient

How being financially self-sufficient may give an EEA national the right to reside in the UK - the habitual residence test.