Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Q2: listing your health professionals

This advice applies to Wales

You need to give the DWP details of any health professional you've seen about your condition.


  • doctors, GPs, consultants and nurses
  • counsellors, psychotherapists and occupational therapists
  • people like care workers, support workers, social workers and physiotherapists
  • their contact details - in case the DWP need to know more about your condition
  • the date you last saw them 

If you don’t know the exact date you last saw them it's ok to just give the year.

If a family member or friend cares for you, add their details at question 15

Worth knowing

If you’ve not seen a health professional in the last 3 months it’s a good idea to try and get an appointment with them. 

This way you can tell them you're claiming PIP and explain the day-to-day difficulties you have so that they're up to date if the DWP contact them. 

Help with question 3: preparing and cooking food

Back to Help Filling in your PIP Claim Form

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.