Q2: listing your health professionals

This advice applies to Wales. See advice for See advice for England, See advice for Northern Ireland, See advice for Scotland

You need to give the DWP details of any health professional you've seen about your condition.


  • doctors, GPs, consultants and nurses

  • counsellors, psychotherapists and occupational therapists

  • people like care workers, support workers, social workers and physiotherapists

  • their contact details - in case the DWP need to know more about your condition

  • the date you last saw them 

If you don’t know the exact date you last saw them it's ok to just give the year.

If a family member or friend cares for you, add their details at question 15

Worth knowing

If you’ve not seen a health professional in the last 3 months it’s a good idea to try and get an appointment with them. 

This way you can tell them you're claiming PIP and explain the day-to-day difficulties you have so that they're up to date if the DWP contact them. 

Help with question 3: preparing and cooking food

Back to Help Filling in your PIP Claim Form

Help us improve our website

Take 3 minutes to tell us if you found what you needed on our website. Your feedback will help us give millions of people the information they need.