Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Complaints about charities

This advice applies to Scotland

This information applies to Scotland

If you have a complaint about a charity or want to check whether a charity is registered, you can contact the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator at The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) is the independent regulator and registrar for charities in Scotland. You can search the Scottish Charity Register on the OSCR website at

You can call the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator to find out whether you can make a complaint about a charity. The number is 01382 220446. You can also find out more about making a complaint by going to their website at

The OSCR have published guidance on how fundraisers for charities must operate. You can find out more at their website at

If you've got a complaint about the fundraising activities of a charity or other fundraising organisation, there is a new three-step process from July 2016. More information about the process of raising fundraising complaints in Scotland is available at You can also email or phone the dedicated helpline on 0808 164 2520.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?
Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.