It's important to make sure that you get all the help that you're entitled to.
These pages give you information on benefits and tax credits if you are working or unemployed, sick or disabled, a parent, a young person, an older person or a veteran. There is also information about council tax and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits, problems with benefits and future changes to benefits.
A to Z of benefits
An A to Z listing of all the benefits covered in our advice pages
Search for articles in our benefits section.
Check if you're eligible to apply for Universal Credit, make an application and get advice on solving any problems you have.
- Housing Benefit size restrictions in social housing
- Housing Benefit size restrictions in social housing: special circumstances
- Housing benefit size restrictions in social housing if you were living in the same home since 1 January 1996
- Housing Benefit size restrictions in social housing: what you can do
- Housing Benefit - bedroom calculator for social housing tenants
Fact sheets covering social security benefits and tax credits.
Find out about benefits you may be able to get, how to claim them and the help you can get from a Citizens Advice Bureau. Information in British Sign Language (BSL).