Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Letter to complain about a loan

This advice applies to Wales

If you have a problem with a loan you can use this letter to complain - you can use it for most types of loans.

Don’t use this letter to complain about a mortgage or hire purchase agreement. You can get help from your nearest Citizens Advice instead.

You can use this letter to complain about different kinds of problems with a loan. For example, if:

  • you think your lender shouldn’t have given you the loan

  • your lender didn’t explain the terms and conditions

  • you’ve had problems paying it back because your lender won’t accept your offer or freeze interest 

Making a complaint will show your lender what they have done wrong and help make sure they follow the rules in the future.

You can also ask your lender to put things right - for example, by agreeing a more reasonable repayment plan and freezing interest and charges.

This template is to be used for guidance and may not suit your specific situation. If you need more detailed advice and guidance, you can get more help from your nearest Citizens Advice.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.