Citizens Advice responds to Chancellor's announcement on cost-of-living measures
Dame Clare Moriarty, Chief Executive of Citizens Advice, said:
“Today’s hugely welcome announcement is a life raft for the millions of people struggling to keep their heads above water due to rising costs.
“Our advisers have been working flat out to help families who can’t pay the bills. We’ve repeatedly raised the alarm about this crisis and are glad the government has brought in concrete measures to help.
“It’s particularly good to see support for those at the sharpest end of this crisis.”
Notes to editors
- Citizens Advice includes the national charity; the network of independent local Citizens Advice charities across England and Wales; the Citizens Advice consumer service; and the Witness Service.
- Citizens Advice is the statutory consumer advocate for energy and post. We provide supplier performance information to consumers and policy analysis to decision makers.
- The Citizens Advice Witness Service provides free, independent support for prosecution and defence witnesses in every criminal court in England and Wales.
- Citizens Advice offers Pension Wise services at 500 locations in England and Wales.
- Citizens Advice’s services are free, independent, confidential and impartial, and available to all regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or nationality.
- To get advice online or find your local Citizens Advice, visit citizensadvice.org.uk
- For consumer advice, call the Citizens Advice consumer service on 0808 223 1133 or 0808 223 1144 to talk in Welsh.
- We helped 2.6 million people face to face, by phone, email and webchat in 2017-18. For service statistics see our monthly publication Advice trends.
- Citizens Advice staff are supported by over 23,000 trained volunteers, working at over 2,500 locations in England and Wales.